Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Demons part 1"

Hello, everyone I am sorry that it has taken me so long to let you know what has been going on in my life. Well God has indeed been showing me a lot, emphasis on the spiritual realm. As a Christian their are parts of my life that I've learned to hide but I have been learning that hiding things gives way to hatred and resentment. These two things are far from our maker because he is pure and holy. Forgiveness is one the hardest things to do especially when years have passed and the devil has chains wrapped around an issue or person. I have been learning that the devil can oppressed you and feed lies into your head. My Friend Holly has me reading this book called "The Bondage-Breaker", which basically talks about how Christians are oppressed and used by the evil one. Forgiveness has been an major issue for me and I am sure it is a problem for a lot of us. We have all had people that have hurt us and made us feel 2 ft tall but God tells us that if we don't forgive those who have hurt us then why should our Father above forgive us. The problem with forgiveness is that it is easier said than done. A lot of times we think we have forgiven the person that has hurt us but we don't because we haven't addressed the issues of the heart. Pastor Chris had me read Matthew 18:21-35 which showed me why it was important to forgive. Pastor Chris has also been challenging me to memorize more scripture, which is a defence against the enemy "The truth will set you free". At first I turned my head to his request but now I see why it is important; this leads me to Ephesians 6:12-20 "12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

God has revealed to me why it so important to put on His armour. It will surly protect us from the schemes of the one who came to destroy. I want wake up every morning and put on my helmet of salvation and tell myself that I am saved and their is nothing Satan can do about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment