Sunday, May 24, 2009

"A Yellow Raft in Blue Water"

Wow!!!!! I am sooo excited to be part of Christ's plan. To explain this title I've chosen. I often feel like I am in a yellow raft in blue water, that is, the water is rough and harsh but the raft protects us we are not alone. God has been teaching me a lot in regards to his Kingdom or purpose. Yesterday me and a couple of people decided to go out to city place (a big shopping, and clubbing facility) to share the gospel. Before we did this we decided to spend two hours praying, asking for God to provide wisdom and knowledge in regards to the people we were suppose to talk to and He answered He told us specific names and showed us people in visions. He even told us where we were suppose to go based on a vision He had given me which was confirmed by another person. It is so cool that God has graced me with the gift of prophecy. Before I explain this you have to understand that I have been in West Palm for a week and went to city place only once so when God showed this building with 3 pictures, a desk inside, a door, and with a long hall. I explained this and no idea what I was talking about and this guy was like I saw a building to with pictures also. It was so awesome because people knew the exact building I was talking about and the cooler thing is that God gave us specific people we were suppose to talk to. To drop some names he told someone to look for a girl named Ashley with a white skit and long black hair and a white guy with a Hoodie with an Asian girl, in which we found both. It was cool how God used us that night. There is something God has been putting on my heart in regard to "salvation" many of us have heard that we need to pray this prayer and ask for forgiveness but a lot of us fail to realize or understand what we are asking for. I know a lot of people who say they are "Christian" but do not live like it. We often hear that we don't have to do anything to be saved just believe in Christ. I believe that salvation is not based upon our own works and I also believe that it is not just praying this prayer. A lot of people do not understand what they are saying when they are praying So is God going to save these people? I don't think so some people pray the prayer but they want to hold on to your life. It says in the scriptures If you lose your life you will find it but if you preserve your life you will lose it. I want to challenge a lot of you to question your salvation ask yourselves if you have given your life to God and you are being used for his works. This is what James is talking about when He says a faith without work is dead (James 2). He is not talking about works on our own accord but works to promote the Kingdom of God, that is, works inspired by God and come as a result of the Holy Spirit. If you are not willing to give up your life God is not going to make you. I want to encourage you all to seek first His Kingdom and understand what he is asking of you when He ask you follow Him. People need to be challenge and God has been challenging me about this, that is, to share with others.
God bless you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment